Date: 5/12/20 6:25 am
From: Richard Littauer <richard.littauer...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Sparrows
Lots of White-throated Sparrows this morning at North Branch Nature Center
in Montpelier.

While walking around, I saw one flit into a bush - but I wasn't able to get
an ID on it more than just knowing that it had head stripes. That means it
could be either a White-throated or a White-crowned. Curious, I checked
eBird: there's an option for White-crowned/White-throated Sparrow
(Zonotrichia leucophrys/albicollis). Looking just now on the website using
the Species Map feature, it seems that no one has used it before in
Vermont. So, that's pretty cool - I'm the first person to see this very
rare species. Ok, I jest. I'm just the first person to identify using the
app that they frankly don't know what they saw. But I also learned from
this that they're in the same genus. Always fun to learn.

--
Richard | @richlitt <https://twitter.com/richlitt> | burntfen.com
<http://www.burntfen.com>

Join us on Facebook!