Date: 5/10/20 6:28 pm
Subject: Warbler ID solved - Swainson’s Warbler
Thanks to everyone for suggestions for apps to use to help identify bird and for help and verification of final ID. The checklist for Caldwell Station Creek Greenway, May 8th, has been updated (link below) with audio files attached. I could not see the bird since the vegetation in that area is so thick. It is a wooded area with a small stream running through it. The bird was heard between mile marker 1 and 1 1/2. The song was short and very consistent with a fairly long pause between songs. My first thought was a Redstart but, when I compared what I heard with the song of the Redstart, it was not quite the same. The song does match every recording of a Swainson’s Warbler that I listened to.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ebird.org/checklist/S68632790__;!!OToaGQ!4LYQ3A7IvLU7JK7Mswf849dI6JetEVbtkqTfcx7G1yOAVdzet4r2U1mnMN6xyc7ood0$

Thanks again to all of you for your help.
Anne
Cornelius, NC

Sent from my iPad

Join us on Facebook!