Date: 5/7/20 7:57 pm
Subject: New Bern, NC, today (migrants and a county lifer)
I located two migrating species in downtown New Bern today, a singing male Yellow Warbler, and a Spotted Sandpiper. They were both behind the History Center building on South Front St, a small restored wetlands habitat. Both species are regulars at the site during migration. It's always a treat to hear the Yellow Warbler. Back in my home neighborhood of Taberna (Hwy-70E by the Dunkin Donuts), a county-lifer male Orchard Oriole was singing persistently from the canopy. A short hike later, I found a spot that gave me an open look at him on his high perch... Very beautiful, and a pleasant voice as well! Michael Cheves New Bern, NC

Join us on Facebook!