Date: 5/6/20 6:07 pm
From: Charlie Teske <cteske140...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Hair raising tale to share
And I was about to report a first NEK sighting of white-whiskered puffbird! Maybe next time.

On Wed, 6 May 2020 17:49:35 -0400, Julie Filiberti <vtfiliberti...> wrote:

In the past I’ve seen chickadees stealing the dog’s fur from a brush left on my porch. This year I brushed my dog and filled up a suet feeder with the hair and placed it conspicuously on a stake in my front yard. So far I’ve seen both a White-breasted Nuthatch and a Phoebe taking it away for nesting. She’s a soft puppy so there are going to be some cozy nestlings!
Julie
Fairfax

> On May 6, 2020, at 9:15 AM, Walter Medwid wrote:

> With my hair and beard growing out of control it was time for drastic
> action so my wife got out the electric shears and in moments the problem
> was addressed. The residue of white hair was left on the lawn thinking it
> might be of interest to nesting birds. This morning while heading out to do
> chores in the midst of the white pile was a chickadee loading up its bill
> with a carefully aligned wad of my locks. Recycling at its best.

Join us on Facebook!