Date: 5/6/20 12:29 pm
Subject: Re: Blue-winged Teal breeding in Macon County, NC!
I got no further comments -- and thus considering that May 5 might well be
quite early for a pair of Blue-winged Teal to have produced a successful
brood, especially in the mountains -- but not so for overwintering/resident
species like Mallard and Wood Duck -- I think it best to consider the
report as unconfirmed and the chicks seen and photographed represent those
two latter species until proven otherwise.

Harry LeGrand

Join us on Facebook!