Date: 5/6/20 8:30 am
Subject: Nashville warbler
Yesterday, May 5, I had a singing Nashville warbler in our yard twice in
the afternoon, next to our porch. I watched it sing and graze in a
Chestnut Oak just leafing out. Had close eye level looks at one point. Had
a Worm-eating in the same tree at same time around 4:00.
This is our second Nashville in 12 years, but our other one was in
September below the house in a brushy area that no longer exists. This is
the only through-migrant we have had so far this spring. All other birds
are our usual year round (22) and migrant (16) nesters. We are at 3200'.
Gail Lankford
Weaverville NC
Buncombe County

Join us on Facebook!