Date: 5/5/20 5:11 pm
Subject: Re: Blue-winged Teal breeding in Macon County, NC!
Now that I am looking at her 2 photos on her eBird list:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ebird.org/checklist/S68455561__;!!OToaGQ!9bvpxs_SNmueUi14FHHAxXecTCUqzlRJvdkmFO1wleqjHA7KniWxONhP7cGu1RMV7B0$

The first photo shows a female Mallard with several chicks, as some Anas
species. These could be Mallard chicks, or possibly Blue-winged Teal
chicks. I've looked at images on Google, and I can't be sure. The second
photo does show a male Blue-winged Teal, but the chick in the photo seems
to be that of a Wood Duck. Barbara did say there was a brood of Wood Ducks
in the same wetland.

Thus, can Barbara or others try to confirm nesting by Blue-winged Teal
here? Thanks.

Harry LeGrand

Join us on Facebook!