Date: 5/4/20 8:20 am
From: Maeve Kim <maevulus...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] thrushes en masse
Hermit Thrushes have returned to our area in good numbers. On a short
walk on Plains Road in Jericho, we heard or saw at least three, possibly
four.
We also spent about a half minute studying a mystery thrush from only
about 18' away (but partially blocked by twigs and branches). We saw no
warm reddish orange color. The bird's back, top, head appeared a uniform
olive-brown color. The tail was the same color and looked somewhat
short. The top part of the creamy breast had blurry, dark, indistinct
spots. We didn't notice an eye ring, but the light wasn't great. I think
it was a Swainson's Thrush but I'm not sure.
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!