Date: 5/2/20 5:22 pm
From: Charlie La Rosa <charlie.larosa...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] chickadee with a sweet tooth
And bears can manage to lick all of the liquid out without taking down or
damaging the feeder. If only they were so delicate with seed feeders.
Charlie
So. Washington

*“The solution to any problem---work, love, money, whatever---is to go
fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be.”*

~ John Gierach, from *Standing in a River Waving a Stick*

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 4:08 PM CAMERON O'CONNOR <cameron103...>
wrote:

> happens here in montpelier all the time!
>
> i enjoy your posts, thanks, cameron
>
> On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 2:35 PM Maeve Kim <maevulus...> wrote:
>
> > I put out two hummingbird feeders two days ago. Since then, a chickadee
> > (or maybe more than one) has reduced the level of nectar in one of them
> > to less than half. I watched this morning as the bird delicately lit on
> > the edge of the feeder and repeatedly put the tip of its beak in the
> > hole. I wasn't able to see its tongue, but it seems like it must have
> > been using the tongue to get in to the nectar.
> > Has anyone else seen this behavior?
> > Maeve Kim, Jericho Center

Join us on Facebook!