Date: 5/2/20 7:45 am
From: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes <cth4...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Mystery bird song in Monkton
Hi Miriam,

Most prominent bird is the Ruby-crowned Kinglet, which is highly variable, jumbled, and warbler-like. I’m also hearing an Am. Robin giving “chuck” notes, and a Song Sparrow song.

Ruby-crowned Kingsley’s are one of my favorite early springtime birds to see and hear. They make me happy with their cheerful burst of notes (albeit usually not as boisterous a singer as some other springtime birds).

Sincerely,
Chris T-H
(Ithaca, NY, with occasional visits to VT)

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 2, 2020, at 10:05, Miriam Lawrence <mirslamlawrence...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself when I find out what this bird is... it was singing from edge woods near a small stream around 9 this morning.
>
> Two different sound files here - one has two repetitions, so you can hear the song three times total. Sounds warbler-y and I’m sure I should know it, but I just can’t place it. My auditory memory stinks! LOL
>
> Anyone? Help!? Thanks!
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e09re3bmcla6mm5/Mystery%20bird%202.m4a?dl=0
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxf31uq3l1dnt3s/Mystery%20bird%201.m4a?dl=0
>
> --Miriam Lawrence