Date: 5/2/20 7:19 am
From: Miriam Lawrence <mirslamlawrence...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Mystery bird song in Monkton
Thanks to those pointing out Ruby-crowned Kinglet in the background!

The bird I’m asking about is the more prominent song with the slower cadence - as Gretchen said, kind of like a slow Carolina Wren - I thought of it almost like a slow weird up and down Chestnut-sided (like a slow-motion “pleased to meet ya pleased to meet ya pleased to meet ya”). ???

--Miriam

> On May 2, 2020, at 10:08 AM, Steven Lamonde <slamonde...> wrote:
>
> Hi Miriam,
>
> Sounds like you found a Ruby-crowned Kinglet!
>
> https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Ruby-crowned_Kinglet/sounds
>
> Steven
>
>> On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 10:05 AM Miriam Lawrence <mirslamlawrence...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself when I find out what this bird is... it
>> was singing from edge woods near a small stream around 9 this morning.
>>
>> Two different sound files here - one has two repetitions, so you can hear
>> the song three times total. Sounds warbler-y and I’m sure I should know
>> it, but I just can’t place it. My auditory memory stinks! LOL
>>
>> Anyone? Help!? Thanks!
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/e09re3bmcla6mm5/Mystery%20bird%202.m4a?dl=0
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxf31uq3l1dnt3s/Mystery%20bird%201.m4a?dl=0
>>
>> --Miriam Lawrence
>

> --
> Steven Lamonde
> Conservation Biology (MS) candidate
> Adjunct Faculty - Department of Environmental Studies
> Manager - Antioch Spatial Analysis Lab
> Antioch University New England
> Keene, New Hampshire
> <slamonde...>