Date: 3/25/20 8:12 pm
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Silver Lake Eagle Nest
Trying this again, it didn’t post earlier

It appears the tree the Silver Lake eagles’ nest was in has fallen into the dry hydrant pond. This year’s addition to the nest was causing the tree to lean and it looks like the wind got it. I cannot find the nest in the remaining trees and the tree in the water appears to have remnants of the nest showing. One eagle was sitting on a nearby tree but I didn’t see the second. They had been sitting on the nest and given this week eggs most probably should have hatched a family was ruined. Does anyone know if they rebuild in the same locale? They’ve been there more than 5 years.

Charles Goulet