Date: 3/25/20 7:53 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Warbler Woods Update
Warbler Woods Update

I usually don’t sit at the Warbler Pond in the winter/early Spring, since the hawks like to hang out there—stayed for 2 hrs today and only Northern Cardinal, Carolina Wren, and other common birds and a Cooper’s Hawk, which kept showing up. It will change soon, but for the next week, not a useful place to be—out on the property is productive.

Lauch Pendleton did an Eagle Scout Nominee project in early March and connected the last link to other Eagle Scout projects to make a complete loop .31 mile total of compacted base/hardtop walkway to connect Hideout (blind), Scout Tower/Chimney Swift Tower and Thomas’ Meadow(covered blind) together to provide an easy walking trail for those not wanting more primitive trails! Thanks to all of the wonderful Scouts that connected all the projects together, including comfortable seats to rest along the way! I think it took 7 Eagle Scout projects to build all the links, two blinds, benches, and the Chimney Swift Tower along the way. We have been Blessed with 12 Eagle Scout projects. Thomas’ Meadow is a great place to get some really great birds, like a Pine Warbler, and in the past, Nuthatch and Black-headed Grosbeak enjoy it, along with many sparrow species and sometimes Northern Bobwhite come there. That blind was laid out directionally by photographers. Susan Schaezler

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

Join us on Facebook!