Date: 3/25/20 7:34 pm
From: John D.W. Fielding <jdwf...>
Subject: [ND-BIRDS] Question on late fall hummingbird sightings
Two of the last three years we have witnessed a lone hummingbird stop at our house to feed briefly on our few remaking Hollyhocks blossoms in the middle of October!! Both times in the late afternoon around dusk. We live in New England a good 2-3 blocks from the Cannonball River. This has been perplexing to me as I would have expected the migration to be completed much earlier. Any input would be much appreciated. We were away from home last fall as mowing season kept us much busier than usual, so to clarify, we did not see any last fall.

--
John D.W. Fielding
<jdwf...>

Join us on Facebook!