Date: 3/25/20 6:34 pm
From: Tom SHANE <tom.shane...>
Subject: SW KS Bird Notes
Sara spotted a flock of 9 Turkey Vultures just south of our Garden City (FICo) home today 25 MAR 20, then this evening we saw a flock of 17 TUVU several blocks east. Checking with the neighbors; Tom Flowers had two dozen TUVU south of Meade (MECo) on 23 MAR, and Jeff Calhoun had a single TUVU on the 23rd in Dodge City (FOCo) and 12 the following day, 24 MAR. These dates are earlier than most years for western KS.

Jeff Calhoun also had a Swainson's Hawk today in Ford Co.

Marie Osterbuhr located ten pairs of Cinnamon Teal on a pond at the Sheep Ranch in (KECo) today, 25 MAR 2020.

Tom Shane

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>