Date: 3/25/20 5:02 pm
From: Oakes Plimpton <opoakes...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Bird Virus
Rose and List: sorry, his name was Sal not Sam, the town animal control Officer circa 1990. I guess you cannot change a message once you press SEND. No, he did not collect the dead Blue Jay, but he was mad with me when I told him I put the dead bird into our freezer. Sorry to say we threw it into the forested lot across the street a few days later. Message to List was about us finding a Blue Jay having like epileptic fits on our front lawn and then dying. I believe Sal told us at least a 1000 birds had died of the virus. At the time there was no news of the virus effecting humans or domestic poultry. . . .
bird watcher Oakes

--
Group home page:
https://mrines.com/Birds/Arlington/