Date: 3/25/20 4:58 pm
From: Nancy L Newfield <nancy...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
Joan, JZ, et al,

The only migrant Ruby-throated Hummingbird that I have seen was a bright
and shiny adult male on 18 March. He was visiting the glorious Red
Buckeye. After about half an hour, he moved on to parts unknown.

The female Black-chinned that has been present since about Christmastime is
still present and about a month ago, she began using a feeder. The female
Calliope, present since mid November is also still present. Today, I
noticed that her coloring has intensified. The Calliope has never used a
feeder. I think I have about 15 Salvia species/hybrids/cultivars in flower.

Behaving responsibly, I am staying home and the gardens are getting a lot
of my attention. Can't wait for new Salvias from Almost Eden to start
blooming.

Iron Nan

--
Nancy L Newfield