Date: 3/25/20 4:44 pm
From: 'Kurt Schwarz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Ellicott City Rufous Hummingbird Cleared to eBird and Social Media
For all who have gone to see the Rufous Hummingbird in Ellicott City since November 2019, it is now safe to log it into eBird, post to social media, etc.
While the bird is present, we are suspending booking any further viewing windows. It is a townhouse community, and we owe it to the residents to not risk any infection with the Corona virus, as slim as that may be.  Everyone has had an opportunity to see it, with at least two public announcements since November.
Please use the hotspot below, do not create your own.

stakeout Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird, Ellicott City (2019-2020) (private access)
https://ebird.org/hotspot/L10120470
We all owe a great big thank to our hosts, Hank and Jennifer, as well as their very tolerant neighbors.  The have been the subjects of our visits now for almost 5 months.
And thank you all for keeping the lid on this over that lengthy period.
Remember, further visitation is closed.
Kurt SchwarzConservation ChairMaryland Ornithological Society/Howard County Bird <Clubkrschwa1...>