Date: 3/25/20 1:56 pm
From: Steven Gaulin <gaulin...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Mission Creek outfall
Maggie's recent post about dead seabirds prodded me to post about my visit to Mission Creek outfall yesterday afternoon. There were good numbers of Brown Pelicans, Black Skimmers and Western and CA Gulls on the beach, but no shorebirds. However, the observation that I found a little odd was a single female Red-breasted Merganser sitting on the sandy creek bank just S. of the bridge. She was not obviously oiled, but a merganser out of water (and not on a nest) made me wonder about possible health issues.

Steven Gaulin
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#30147): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30147
-=-=-