Date: 3/25/20 1:32 pm
From: Frank Vanslager via Groups.Io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] A Thrush Seen At SCVWD On 3/25/2020
All:

At the Santa Clara Valley Water District I photographed an adult thrush which did not seem to have black-enough spots to be a Hermit Thrush.  It was in an open tree, and Pete Dunne says the Swainson's Thrush is "... an arboreal hunter, spending a greater percentage of its foraging time in the mid-forest layer with its feet off the forest floor (but also hunts on the ground)."   And I saw no red tail as the bird quickly flew away to the north.  However, I'm less than reliable when it comes to Red/Green.

Swainson's Thrushes should be passing through on their spring migration to the north, and others with greater ability to see red should have a reasonable chance to ID them.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#21300): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/21300
-=-=-
-=-=-