Date: 3/25/20 12:08 pm
From: <dpsiminski...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Fort Huachuca ACCESS
This morning I went to the Visitor Control Station at Fort Huachuca to see
about renewing my annual Local Resident Access Pass. Mine will expire in a
couple of weeks. I was informed of a temporary policy dated 20 March
concerning the Fort’s COVID-19 control protocols.
See: https://home.army.mil/huachuca/index.php/about/visitor-information

My understanding in a nutshell for getting access to the Fort for the purpose
of birding TODAY is:
• NEW ACCESS PASSES will not be issued except for conducting official
business. This does not include birding or hiking.
• CURRENT ACCESS PASSES are being honored AT THIS TIME. I got onto the
Fort today for birding.
• PASSES can be RENEWED ONLY TO CONDUCT OFFICIAL BUISINESS. This does
not include birding or hiking. I or anyone with an expired pass will not be
able to renew their pass nor enter the Fort for birding, until the policy
changes.

See the official policy or for updates to this policy at their website:
https://home.army.mil/huachuca/index.php/about/visitor-information

Pete Siminski
Sierra Vista AZ