Date: 3/25/20 10:04 am
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Projects for stay-at-home birders
LABIRD: For those camera-wielding birders confined to yard and looking for fun things to do, consider participating in iNaturalist and doing a bio-inventory of the plants and animals, including birds, of your property. If you can take identifiable photos, you can contribute … and learn a lot of non-bird stuff. And contribute point-locality photo-vouchered records to a citizen science project that has an error rate orders of magnitude less than eBird (because every observation is photo-vouchered)

For example, my property inventory project is revving up:

https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/remsen-property-545-pecan-dr-st-gabriel-iberville-parish-la

I don’t include plants that I have brought in from elsewhere — hence many hummingbird plants not included.

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!