Date: 3/25/20 9:47 am
From: Cindy Scott <cdleescott...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Owls
Wow, so exciting! I'm going to jump on this opportunity to solicit opinions
on the placement of the BAOW box I put on the roof of an out-building last
June. I live 1/2 mile NW of Pinto Lake in Corralitos surrounded by
pastureland and farmland. I have lots of large trees on the acre here, with
great birds. BAOWs nested in the palm tree next door for about 15 years but
have been absent for about 4. I miss them so, and would like to know if
this placement of my box is a good or bad bet? My friend who gave it to me
said she waited six years for BAOWs to nest in one she had on a post about
14 ft high. She lived near by. Besides up a tree (redwood or cedar) I don't
have anything higher than this. I had a hopeful moment awhile ago, when I
noticed the cob webs missing from across the door of box, but alas, they've
returned! Thanks in advance, cindy