Date: 3/25/20 8:54 am
From: Paul Regnier <doorcountypaul...>
Subject: [wisb] woodcocks and killdeer Door Co
Heard and flushed a FOY woodcock this past Sunday and had one peenting on
Monday the 23rd - nice birthday present.
Other non-controversial news of natural notes include; yesterday had 4 FOY
killdeer near an ephemeral roadside pond east of Egg Harbor. Lots of
red-breasted mergansers, redheads, scaups and buffleheads on Sturgeon
Bay/canal and mouth of Big Creek. The juncos started their spring songs
this weekend, always catching me off guard. We've had two gorgeous male
bluebirds in the yard twice last week. Daily briefings from the sandhill
cranes, robins at dawn and dusk, redwings dominate the peanut feeder and
horny cardinals every where. The rhythms of spring moves along in orderly
fashion as it has for eons throughout the world. Great daily therapy.

Be smart and stay healthy everyone.

Paul

Paul Regnier
Door County Nature & Travel LLC