Date: 3/25/20 8:52 am
From: Leon Lalonde <papalenajr3...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] singing FOS in Folsom
Since I'm laid off of my part-time job it is giving me the opportunity to
be home to observe the Prothonotary Warbler males check out of all
of the nest boxes I have up for when they find a female mate. I get to
watch the Blue Birds selecting a box to nest and all the actions they
go through. The Wood Ducks are laying eggs in my two duck boxes, the
Parulas are singing, the Chickadees are looking for nesting places
as well as the Tufted Titmice and Cardinals. The Ruby-throated Hummers are
hitting the hummingbird feeders and looking for mates. Now
I'm just waiting at home for other migrants to show up.

Leon Lalonde
Ponchatoula

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 8:44 AM Bill Fontenot <natrldlite...> wrote:

> Janine and LAbirders —
>
> Cool, right?
>
> Now we stop. Now we take time to smell the roses. Now we become more
> intimate with the details that comprise Nature and makes our world go round.
>
> And how about, now we revisit our conclusions/perceptions on exactly what
> it means to live sustainable lives to “save our planet” and a better
> vision/search image of what that truly entails.....?
>
> Yes, a time for a restoration of personal peace and clarity.
>
> dreaming and preaching,
>
> Bill Fontenot
> Lafayette parish, LA
>
> P.S. LAbirders throughout this great state who live near
> blackberry/dewberry patches (along with any other fruiting plants) please
> try to get some observations/pics of birds consuming fruits and send to me
> at <natrldlite...> (special shout out to Janine who has sent in many
> observations over the years....) Thanks, and best wishes and hopes for you
> all and your loved ones!
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 25, 2020, at 7:19 AM, janine robin <janinerobin1982...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Stepped outside to enjoy the Brown thrasher's repertoire with a good hot
> > mug of coffee. In the woods across the lane I heard(and am still hearing)
> > the beautiful song of an FOS Wood Thrush. Lovely!
> > Janine in Folsom
> > NW corner of St Tammany parish

Join us on Facebook!