Date: 3/25/20 8:43 am
From: Alice Elliott <alelliot...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Good birds, and let's be careful out there
Thank you Juliet!

When you are out by yourself, here are some common things that are 6-7 feet
long. Visualizing these things will help you stay the proper distance away
from passersby :

-A refrigerator
-A llama
-A kayak paddle
-An ostrich
-half the wingspan of the Wandering Albatross
-The full wingspan of a Great Blue Heron
-Four mallards stacked on top of each other
-Two sandhill cranes stacked on top of each other
-12 downy woodpeckers stacked on top of each other

;)

-Alice

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAErMB8Vro8YSJ7WYH2JD5HVcMx9oEqJ6SKxhZX0%<2B8sKvCs5z2w...>