Date: 3/25/20 6:57 am
From: Dan Smith <dan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Texas Local Patch Challenge.
I can’t get out in the field much anymore due to vertigo, but when we did one of these a few years ago, I counted 227 species in what is essentially an urban patch in north Austin. I was a bit startled to find that many species, but there are some very birdy spots in Austin, and my patch included most of Roy Guerra River Park and the Colorado River Natural Area across the Colorado from that park as well as the Walnut Creek Nature Trail down the hill from the Y on hwy 183 East. The local patch challenge encourages us all to be more eco-conscious.

Dan Smith
<dan...> <mailto:<dan...>
512-451-2632
http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com <http://www.wordsmithofaustin.com/>

"Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.” Thomas Jefferson, 1814.

> On Mar 23, 2020, at 4:47 PM, Susan Kosoris <susankosoris...> wrote:
>
> Count me in. I don’t have the birdy hotspots alot of you live close to, but it will be fun nonetheless - who knows what migration might bring! I currently have 69 for the year in my patch in Waxahachie, Ellis County, and I have the patch set on eBird.
>
> Thanks,
> Susan
>

> On Mar 23, 2020, at 10:35 AM, David Sarkozi <david...> <mailto:<david...>> wrote:
>

> Susan Kosoris
> <susankosoris...> <mailto:<susankosoris...>
> 469.658.4513

Join us on Facebook!