Date: 2/13/20 6:08 pm
From: Karen Holliday <ladyhawke1...>
Subject: ASCA February Field Trip
blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Reminder: the ASCA field trip is this Saturday. Please see details below.  It will be cold and fairly windy, so dress warm, including hat and gloves. No rain is predicted!   Feel free to contact me off-list if you have any questions.Karen Holliday

Saturday, February 15, 2020Two Rivers Park, LittleRock AR
Participate in the 2020 Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) byjoining ASCA’s February field trip.  Meetat 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot of the Two Rivers Park Bridge (also known asthe “Little” Dam Bridge) at the start of the walking trail located at 4468River Mountain Road at the southeast end of the Two Rivers Park peninsula.  We’ll scope the river from the parking lot andbridge, then walk the dirt and paved trails as far as people wish to go.  You can turn around at any point and headback to your vehicle.  After returning toour cars, we’ll drive to the west entrance of Two Rivers Park and walk the bigfield and horse trail.  Both areas have adiverse population of sparrows and provides a great opportunity to work onidentifying those “little brown birds”. Knee-high rubber boots are recommended because of copious sand burrs.  Bring water, snacks, and your scope if youhave one.  We should finish around noon.  If any rare loons are being reported, we cancontinue on to Lake Maumelle.  Loons,mergansers, ducks, and grebes can still be found on the lake this time of year.  If you can’t join the fieldtrip, participate in the GBBC by counting the birds in your own backyard andsubmitting your sightings to the GBBC website at birdcount.org.  The GBBC runs from Friday, February 14 through Monday, February 17.
Directions-takeExit 9 west off I-430 onto Cantrell Rd. At the first stop light, turn right (north) onto River MountainRoad.  Go to the bottom of the hill thenbear right to the main parking lot.  GPScoordinates are 34.797458,-92.383017.
You don't have to be a member of the Audubon Society of Central Arkansas (ASCA) to join the field trip.  Everyone who likes birds is welcome.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me off-list.Karen HollidayASCA Field Trip CoordinatorLittle Rock/Pulaski County

Join us on Facebook!