Date: 2/13/20 3:03 pm
From: James Phillips <jimandjudyphillips...>
Subject: black vultures with red wing tags
Here's what I have learned about the black vultures with red wing tags that
we observed near Glen Lyn, VA on 12/27/2019.
K62 was banded 9/17/2019 near Anstead, Fayette County, WV and had hatched
in 2018.
L21 was banded 10/24/2019 near Peterstown, Monroe County, WV and had
hatched in 2019.
K87 was banded 10/17/2019 near Peterstown, Monroe County, WV and had
hatched in 2017 or earlier.
All of these birds were banded by Chad Neil, Elkins, WV.
What we recorded as L58 had not been used yet by the bander so we probably
misread the number.
A bander reported banding 44 black vultures in Monroe County, WV with
numbers between L00-43 and suggested that we misread the numbers. So L02
may have been one of those birds and L82 we must have misread.
If you see black vultures with red wing tags see if you can get the numbers
from the tags. With numbers report them to www.reportband.gov If you can't
get the number from the tag you can report it to <vulture.tag...>
Jim Phillips
Summers County
Pipestem, WV

Join us on Facebook!