Date: 2/13/20 2:50 pm
From: Kent McFarland <kmcfarland...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Early Turkey Vulture?
It is a little on the early side, but not outrageous for modern times here.
Here is Vermont eBird data:
https://ebird.org/vt/barchart?r=US-VT&bmo=1&emo=12&byr=1900&eyr=2020&spp=turvul
Would love to have the person share sightings on Vermont eBird or on the
Vermont Atlas of Life on iNaturalist at
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/vermont-atlas-of-life

Kent

____________________________

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055
802.649.1431 x201
Twitter: @kpmcfarland <https://twitter.com/KPMcFarland>

<http://val.vtecostudies.org/>

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:32 PM Jordan Spindel <jordan.spindel...>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that RSENR (UVM) posted a bunch of trail camera photos of
> visitors to a deer kill in Centennial Woods from the beginning of the month
> to their Instagram. One of the photos (taken on 2/2/20) clearly shows
> Turkey Vulture (with a raven) on the carcass. Would this bird be an early
> migrant or be overwintering? I've never seen one here in winter, but know
> further south they regularly overwinter in numbers.
>
> -Jordan Spindel

Join us on Facebook!