Date: 2/13/20 1:38 pm
From: Tim O'Brien <kertim7179...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] Spokane Mew Gull, Herring Gull at Pleasant Prairie
Hello birders,

I relocated the adult Mew Gull that I found a few days ago at the Pleasant Prairie feed lot today.  I drove by this morning just after 9:00am and noted very little gull activity.  Then on the way back home from Peone Prairie, I drove by again just after noon and found the lot to be busy with gulls.  This lot is located along Bigelow Gulch Road between Argonne and Forker Roads.  The lot is on the north side of the road and there is an old abandoned house (green in color) that has a nice little pull out to park in to scope from.

Today, there were many Ring-billed Gulls, the continuing Mew Gull, at least two California Gulls, and one Herring Gull.  I managed some grainy photos of the Mew and Herring which are posted on my eBird checklist.

Also, today, out at Peone Prairie, I searched for the reported Snow Geese there.  Once again, upon arrival, there was very few geese present.  I walked in from Feryn Ranch and set up on the hill above the wetland.  It was quite a spectacle as the Canada Geese started to fly in from the west.  I talked to a photographer while waiting and then big flocks started arriving.  I spotted one immature Snow Goose in a flock.  And then a little later a much bigger flock came in with 4 Snow Geese.  All in all, 4 immatures and one adult.  Also, the lone Tundra Swan was in the wetland as well today.  Down next to the wetland, I heard 2 Marsh Wrens singing away.

A good first part of the day!

Tim O'Brien
Spokane Valley, WA