Date: 2/13/20 12:51 pm
From: Phil Davis <pdavis...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Old record for Clay-colored Sparrow - location????
Hi Tony:

It's MD/DCRC accession #: MD/1997-232.
Dates: 1/5 to 2/6 1978; [AB reports end date as 02/15; MB first-hand
report says end was before 02/07.]
Documentation: MB 34(4):184. AB 32(3):335. AB citation includes a R
Rowlett photograph. Four color slides by R Rowlett.
Location: Churchville, MD. Comments: Bird identified by two high
school students: Dan Vest and Paul Ford, at the Ford's feeder.

Old Clay-colored Sparrow reports, like this, are reviewable, but are
very low on our committee backlog/priority list.

Hope that helps ...

Phil

At 14:48 02/13/2020, 'Tony Futcher' via Maryland & DC Birding wrote:
>I am trying to get a more precise location for an old record of
>Clay-colored Sparrow which Kathy Klimkiewicz and I saw on January 22, 1978.
>
>The location I used in my record was "North of Aberdeen". I am
>trying to enter my old records into eBird, but ebird is not happy
>with this location, and does not report it.
>
>This was a staked-out location at a home, with feeders.
>Unfortunately I cannot find any better information.
>
>Does anyone have a better location for this bird? I know there are
>many of you who keep better records than I do, so I am hopeful??
>
>Thank you for any assistance,
>
>Tony
>
>Tony Futcher
>Hyattsville, MD