Date: 2/13/20 12:48 pm
From: world oceans <world.oceans7...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Hawks aloft!
Some may not realize that this is the time when raptor migration begins
heading into full swing! I was reminded of this just now when I saw three
Redtails and a Turkey Vulture, circling fairly high and definitely moving
northwestward on southerly winds, over northern Clayton County along the
perimeter I-285 .I also saw two Sharpshinned hawks there yesterday, also
acting like migrants trying to pick up elevation. Any day when the winds
are not coming from the north would be a great time to watch for hawks,
vultures, eagles, falcons etc. as they begin to set their sights on the
northern forests and tundra.

James Gibson
Clayton County

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>