Date: 2/13/20 10:28 am
From: Rajesh Mohan <rmohan26...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Insect decline
"If we and the rest of the backboned animals were to disappear overnight, the rest of the world would get on pretty well. But if [the invertebrates] were to disappear, the land's ecosystems would collapse."  - Sir David Attenborough.
I don't believe there will be any dramatic apocalypse.  Rather we will witness an increase in pockets of habitats that will become inhabitable, increased diseases, and eventually humans clashing with each other for resources.  And still, we won't realize that it was all our doing.
RajeshWoburn, MA
On Thursday, February 13, 2020, 01:07:25 PM EST, Chris Heys <chris.p.heys...> wrote:

I came across an article today which cites two interesting studies. The result have horrible implications and likely plays into the avian apocalypse we are witnessing.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/feb/12/car-splatometer-tests-reveal-huge-decline-number-insects
Chris HeysJaffrey NH
Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!