Date: 2/13/20 9:24 am
From: Jeffrey Tufts <jctufts33...>
Subject: [obol] Re: "Rare and Unreported" usage in ebird
This is just a guess, but I'm thinking that they are using the eBird mobile
app with the checklist in the "smart sort" mode. That classifies birds in
three categories and the latter two are "infrequent" (many of the birds in
that section have a "rare" symbol next to the name) and "unreported."
Those latter two are based on checklists from a 20k X 20k area that
includes the location being birded.

Jeff Tufts

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:55 AM Bob Archer <rabican1...> wrote:

> Okay, I give up, what is the reason folks are using these terms in the
> comment section of ebird? Serious question, I do not get it, I will use it
> if it is useful in some manner.
>
> Clueless and Getting Cluelesser Every Day
> Bob Archer
> PDX

Join us on Facebook!