Date: 2/13/20 6:30 am
From: Bill Hilton Jr. <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 02/01/20 (Mouse, Weather, Counting Birds)
The 1-10 February 2020 installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond" is weather-related, including a rebuttal of suspicious Groundhog Day predictions and an account of the effects of unusually heavy rains that hit the Carolina Piedmont early in the month. There's also mention of the upcoming Great Backyard Bird Count, with encouragement for young people to participate.

As always, the photo essay includes lists of all birds banded or recaptured during the period, plus acknowledgment of our recent supporters.

Installment #711 is available on-line at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek200201.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=yyUdR_SVnJh5-B0ogqMypN8IVTZ6qHxuUTpu_-bcgNw&s=0jd1Q_uszxGHHHMo2o1ceXxDxrr1SyMaaROCh_Mv79w&e=

Happy (Mid-winter) Nature Watching!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=yyUdR_SVnJh5-B0ogqMypN8IVTZ6qHxuUTpu_-bcgNw&s=OZPcZ9RwREIDF-C8ZljmPqQ24Y_O_a1AiZILiULT0ww&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=yyUdR_SVnJh5-B0ogqMypN8IVTZ6qHxuUTpu_-bcgNw&s=apCEcrDGRgWffY-0iXq1ZjBKEammmluzcrUoakl4Uz8&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!