Date: 2/10/20 8:15 pm
From: <fwooley...> <fwooley...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Long-eared owl - Steuben County
Last night, about 10pm I drove down the lane coming into our Fremont, Indiana, Steuben County home in northeast Indiana.  The headlights illuminated a long-eared owl perched eight feet off the ground atop a dead cherry tree, 10 feet off of the lane.  I had two passengers and one and myself both saw it and both shouted, "long-eared owl!"   It flew off.   We have numerous conifers on the property.  Now that the snow has stopped, I hope to check under them all for pellets and a possible winter roosting site.
Fred J. Wooley Fremont, Indiana  Steuben County
"Without love of the land, conservation lacks meaning or purpose, for only in a deep and inherent feeling for the land can there be a dedication in preserving it." - Sigurd Olson

Join us on Facebook!