Date: 2/9/20 10:17 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Needs Alert for Santa Barbara County
*** Species Summary:

- Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel (1 report)

Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel (Oceanodroma furcata) (1)
- Reported Feb 09, 2020 16:11 by Joel Barrett
- Northeast of Pedro Pt. Santa Cruz Island, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0568529,-119.4969831&ll=34.0568529,-119.4969831
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "After seeing one earlier in the day close to the Ventura Harbor I had my camera ready in case we had another encounter. This bird was seen just north of the east end of Santa Cruz Island. The same description applies but this time I got a few photos.

Small gray bird with dark, apparently black feathering mainly along the leading edge of the upper wing highlighting a light gray carpal bar. Flew with relatively direct flight with stiff wings not exceeding much beyond the plain of the body. Rare sighting for the SB Channel."

View/Reply Online (#29945): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/29945
-=-=-
Updated status & distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html
-=-=-