Date: 2/8/20 10:21 pm
From: Wes Fritz via Groups.Io <wes-fritz=<verizon.net...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Cuyama
SB Birders,

I made a couple stops this morning while passing through the Cuyama Valley.

My first stop was at the Caliente Wetlands. They were surprisingly wet and full of water. Here I saw 10 Cinnamon Teal and 6 Mallards and some coots. It was 34 degrees, I did not stay long.

I then stopped at the Cuyama Sewage works and saw 12 Bufflehead and one Ruddy Duck.

I checked out Richardson Community Park and was surprised to see 8 Lawrence’s Golfinches. There was a fairly cooperative Merlin chilling in morning sun. A Red-breasted Sapsucker and 4? Phainopeplas.

We also saw 4 Ferruginous Hawks along Hwy 166 in SB County. Over on Hwy 33 near Foothill Road in SLO CO. A Peregrine Falcon was on a power pole.

It was dark as I came back through. Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
<wes-fritz...>
Solvang CA