Date: 1/25/20 8:32 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] shrike in Penacook

Greetings all,

This morning's Penacook Survey netted me a remarkable 32 species, my highest since Nov 3 and possibly a January record. The highlight was without a doubt the subject bird, which was at the intersection of Washington and Fowler Streets at 10:30. Other notables incl a Purple Finch along Bog Road, Am Black Duck and 3 Hooded Mergs on the mostly frozen Contoocook River, and excellent numbers of sparrows (71 juncos, 18 white-throats, 3 songs).

Good birding,
Pam Hunt, Penacook

.