Date: 1/23/20 4:07 pm
From: Jeanne-Marie Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] North of the notch birding
A warm forecast of 45 degrees led me to venture north (or should I say further north).

As we left the house it was 25 with beautiful sun. Crossing over the notch the temps started to plummet rapidly- 16 degrees in Gorham, and not much better in Berlin/Milan.
Finally heading toward Dummer and Errol the temps skyrocketed to 31 late afternoon in Errol with the next storm front clearly on it’s way and clouding over the remaining sun.

Birds were good for this time of year and weather (total 25): 60+ Cedar Waxwings (Gorham- no Bohemian), Purple Finches in Berlin in good numbers, ZERO Evening Grosbeaks (Chickwalnopy is being logged), and in Errol we got good numbers of Red crossbills and a few White wing crossbills, as well as a pair of Black Back Woodpeckers along Magalowy/Umbagog. Photos unavailable until I get back to the computer in Nashua.

GOOD LUCK ON SUPERBOWL! - hope the weather holds for you!

Jeanne-Marie Maher/Michael Pahl
Jackson/Nashua NH