Date: 1/23/20 2:03 pm
From: Scott Heron <smheron...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Quick run along the coast
I made a short sprint along the coast yesterday (1/22). In anticipation of
this year's Superbowl of Birding (not competing this year) I came across a
small handful of "3-point" birds. Nothing crazy, but those 3-pointers add
up.

Green-winged Teal - female or non-breeding male flushed from the saltmarsh
south of Rye Harbor
Glaucous Gull - right where it should be
Snowy Owl - Hampton Beach jetty. Eventually took off heading south (to Plum
Island, no doubt)
Lapland Longspur - with Horned Larks and Snow Buntings in Hampton Beach
State Park parking lot
Snow Bunting - a few dozen in Hampton Beach State Park parking lot
Savannah Sparrow - in the dunes of Hampton Beach State Park
Swamp Sparrow - along Harbor Rd near Rye Harbor

In the yard last Friday, a Pine Warbler briefly visited the suet feeder
before disappearing.

Scott Heron
Kingston, NH