Date: 1/22/20 7:46 pm
From: corvus8x via Groups.Io <corvus8x=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] Bodega Bay/ Bodega Head January 22, 2020
A few observations of note today:

On the high tide in the morning at Porto Bodega Marina there were 6 Forester's Terns roosting .

Later in the early afternoon at Bodega Head on a Sea watch :
I saw around 10 medium size tubenoses on the horizon and some a little closer that were long winged and slender. Overall color was dark brown with no noticeable white flash on underwing. Giving the date I want to call them Short-tailed Shearwaters which I bet they are, but the distance was tough to peg them down for sure .So I will call them Sooty/ Short-tailed Shearwaters.

There was also two Marbled Murrelets in winter plumage 500 yards off the head.

Also it was nice to see a sub adult light morph Rough -legged Hawk North of the Bodega Head Parking lot. It was harassed often by several Northern Harriers when it was not hunting or perched on the hillside.

Scott Carey
Sebastopol, Ca.