Date: 1/22/20 7:22 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...>
Subject: [northbaybirds] eagles dueting
Hi Everyone,

I was out this morning studying gulls with a friend at Goat Rock State
Beach near Jenner (Sonoma County) and 2 bald eagles came in. The
interesting thing was their vocalizations. One eagle (on the left) made
gull-like wail notes and the other one responded with high-pitched
twittery notes. Later, the one on the right flew away and the remaining
eagle started eating this long eel which it had had tucked away behind
the log all along.

Check out the behavioral video in this checklist.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S63685013

I couldn't find any mention of this behavior in BNA online. Maybe some
raptor experts would like to weigh in on this behavior.

Lisa Hug
Sebastopol