Date: 1/22/20 7:20 pm
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Going, going, gone... Downy Woodpecker
This doesn't look like a Tree Swallow or Western Bluebird that is supposed
to use the nest box. Pictures were taken at dusk so maybe just going inside
for the night? I was watching a harrier eating a rat that I had caught in a
trap and tossed into the TID for a hungry critter. The harrier hauled the
rat to the field to eat it and as I walked to get closer to the harrier for
a photo I saw the Downy Woodpecker trespassing.