Date: 1/22/20 4:03 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Ed Levin Swallows
Folks:

This morning, 1/22/20, I birded Ed Levin CP.  Near Sandy Wool Lake,
small flocks of swallows would pass through over the lake or the fields
to the west.  My best count was 13 birds.  Most were hard to identify
against the gray sky.  Over a period of an hour I had good looks at
about two VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS and four BARN SWALLOWS.  I suspect these
are wintering birds.  Based on prior records, the first influx of spring
Violet-greens are the last two weeks of February.  Barns tend to show up
at the start of March.  A flock of about four PINE SISKINS was picking
seeds out of hanging liquidamber seed balls near the lake.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#21039): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/21039
-=-=-