Date: 1/22/20 3:22 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCVAS field trip to Coyote Valley OSP
This morning, Dani Christensen, Laura Coatney, and I led a SCVAS field trip
to Coyote Valley OSP. We saw a total of 34 species. Special sightings
were distant views of a GOLDEN EAGLE being harassed by two RAVENS, the two
ROCK WRENS who are not shy at all, and a RUFOUS-CROWNED SPARROW. We also
observed TRI-COLORED BLACKBIRDS, RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS (CALIFORNIA
BICOLORED), EUROPEAN STARLINGS, BREWER'S BLACKBIRDS, AND COWBIRDS all in
various mixed flocks. These were always hard for me to identify when I
first started birding. And, of course, YELLOW-BILLED MAGPIES and WESTERN
MEADOWLARKS were everywhere.

Complete list here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S63674642

Happy Birding!