Date: 1/22/20 2:47 pm
Subject: Re: Chasing the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, access to Jenkins Farm Road
I realized in reading David's email that there may be a
misunderstanding. I was confused by his mention of a road shoulder
along Jenkins Farm Road, because there are none where I referenced.

Jenkins Farm Road only extends a short way off River Road as a wide
dirt road with shoulders - then very quickly the wide dirt road
becomes Hanscombe Point Road without signs indicating such. The
sightings of the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher have been along the this
combination of Jenkins Farm and Hanscombe Point Road.

At this unsigned name change, Jenkins Farm Road bears south (with no
signage just mailboxes) and dwindles to a narrow driveway for most of
its length. It was this "Driveway" section of Jenkins Farm Road I had
in mind (and I assumed Ann was referencing) when I said birders
roaming unannounced might be a problem - in part due to a lack of
parking or ability to pull off the road properly. It was not the
well-traveled public section leading the open-to-the-public Legare
Farms which is mostly Hanscombe Point Road.

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC

--
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.flickr.com_photos_offshorebirder2_&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=P2SUOqP0Bpxo-mDe-3WbLfccMtZCqZ-vbUNPGxblFFo&s=yGHDjIXZvNbHo4tRgMI3DTntM5mbNMbgYWU830D523Y&e=

"These days I prefer to hunt with a camera. A good photograph demands
more skill from the hunter, better nerves and more patience than the
rifle shot." -- Bror Blixen

Join us on Facebook!