Date: 1/22/20 1:02 pm
From: Tom Edell via Groups.Io <TEdell=<aol.com...>
Subject: [slocobirding] A few birds from 1/21-22
This morning there was a Black-legged Kittiwake in a large gull flock at the
mouth of Morro Creek. Given the many seen on the two Morro Bay Winter Bird
Festival boat trips its likely more will be found on shore this winter.

I could not find the Tennessee Warbler at Meadow Park this morning, but did
find one of the Chipping Sparrows on the southern side of the park by the
house with feeders and nest boxes. The Tennessee Warbler was seen and
photographed in that location yesterday morning by Curtis Marantz and we
both had a Chipping Sparrow by the ball field yesterday. This Tennessee
Warbler that was first reported by Nick Belardes on 9 Jan is likely the same
bird found here by Herb Elliott on 28 Feb 2019 back for its second winter.

Yesterday, Curtis and I saw the continuing Tropical Kingbird at Laguna Lake
in its usual location, the leafless tree across from the boat launch area.
It is probably the same bird that's been here for the past 7 winters.

The male Yellow Warbler continued in the trees between Vista Del Collados
and Vista Del Largo, which is on the Laguna Lake side of the Laguna Middle
School.

A Ferruginous Hawk was on the ground along the north end of O'Connor Road
(Cuesta College side of the summit) around 1130 this morning.

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA