Date: 1/22/20 11:43 am
From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach...>
Subject: [wisb] Sauk County Meadowlarks
Two Meadowlarks have been present for the past few days along Fen Road in
Sauk County. I watched them again today for a while, and they had been
mostly silent, except for one deep “tuck” note I heard today when one of
the birds flew up. Not sure if this single note or the distant photos I
took could ID the species, but as of right now I’ve left them as
Eastern/Western. Below is a link to my eBird Checklist from today.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S63670485

This area has had some good birding this winter with species including
Red-shouldered Hawk, Rough-legged Hawks, Short-eared Owl, Northern Shrike,
and Brewer’s Blackbird.

Aaron Holschbach
Waunakee